Cowboy and the Captive & Cowboy and the Thief by Lora Leigh ★★★★★


Rugged Texas Cowboy
Lora Leigh
Two Stories in One

Cowboy and the Captive


To start off, I'm not a consistent romance reader, but when the author Lora Leigh was suggested to me from a friend, I was interested to say the least. Hot and steam, WITH a storyline? 

We took a trip to the book store down the street and she was looking for new books for her collection and picked out two new Lora Leigh books she had never read before and we decided that we would swap.

The first story in this one book collection of two novellas was titled Cowboy and the Captive, the prologue instantly had me turning pages because HOLY SMOKE!

Without giving away too many spoilers for the story, there are two sisters, twins in fact, one is good, one is bad, but for some reason the bad one has everyone snowed, and taking the fall for her crimes, especially her parents and her poor sister winds up taking the rap for her until Luc decides to kidnap the bad sister...only he got the good twin instead.

This was a quick, even paced page turned that I couldn't put down until I found out what happened at the end. It had it all.


Cowboy and the Thief


I was really happy to see that when I began the second novella in the collection that it was taking place with a character that I was already familiar with, Jack, Luc's friend in the previous story is the main character in Cowboy and the Thief, and it begins in Ireland.

Yes, Lora Leigh includes the Irish accents in the love interest which made me SO happy.

I will say, I liked Cowboy and the Captive better only because it felt like there was a LOT more story and suspense in it, where as Cowboy and the Thief centered primarily around Jack and Angel and the legend of the torque that's been passed down from mother to daughter for years in her family. But all in, all, the legend of the torque guiding the wolf to his forever mate was really sweet and romantic but it wasn't super fluffy which, unless done properly, can be a little annoying.

I am so grateful that my friend suggested this author to me and I am looking forward to reading more books by her, she certainly knows how to weave a steamy sex scene between two super hot characters into an incredibly storyline. I would HIGHLY recommend any reader who likes romance stories to check out books by Lora Leigh.
 

Comments

Popular Posts